1:1 Home-based Family Support
Since 2004 SPACE NI has been actively working alongside children & parents, helping to build stronger families
Funded by Southern Health and Social Care Trust and The National Lottery Community Fund, SPACE NI family support service aims to promote social and community engagement for parents and children, helping to develop resilience and resourcefulness to manage the demands of daily family life.
The service provides:
- Short-term practical support when a parent is ill or recovering from illness e.g. shopping, light house-work; running messages etc
- Behaviour management advice and parenting tips.
- Direct work with a child who is anxious, worried or struggling to manage their emotions and behaviour.
- Advocating for parents and accompanying to meetings if required.
- Identifying and signposting to additional services when appropriate.
- Supporting parents to access grants to address material poverty.
To access this service you must have a child 0-18.
Please note that our service is an early intervention service and therefore not suitable for families who are receiving support via social services.
Family Support 2019 Statistics
hours of home based practical family support
of parents reported improved home-life as a result of SPACE NI intervention
of children reported feeling more confident as a result of SPACE NI intervention